Three weeks ’til Christmas! Woo-hoo!
That means it’s time for our third set of tips for getting the most out of your website and online marketing activities. This time we’re talking Facebook.
e-CBD’s top 5 social media tips for businesses
- Make it about them, not you. We said this last week about email marketing, but it’s the same for Facebook and social media in general. With everything you do, make sure your audience gets some value out of every bit of communication. They don’t care as much about your business as you think!
- Ask questions. People love having input on what you’re doing – ask them advice on new products or services you’re thinking about introducing, and poll them on hot topics relevant to what you do.
- READ READ READ! The social media world changes all the time and there are new apps every week. Read the blogs the experts read, Mashable, Social Media Examiner, and Jeff Bullas‘ blog are good places to start.
- Use Facebook advertising and LinkedIn advertising. It’s super cheap (like, less than a dollar a click) and you can target people based on their interests, or their job title. Facebook is great for unique products, LinkedIn is especially great for B2B.
- Listen and engage. Setup Twitter alerts for your business and know what to say if someone talks about you, whether it’s good or bad. Or, use a service like Dialogix, our social media monitoring tool, to give you detailed feedback on what’s being said about your brand and industry.
Show me some examples of great business Facebook pages!
- CUA does a great job, check out their special offers, polls and charity campaigns designed to attract followers.
- Property developers, FKP, use Facebook as a lead-generation channel, have a look at their contact form within Facebook.
- King of Fruit are always uploading interesting recipes and asking questions, it’s a great example of how to engage.
Want help with Facebook or social media?
Sweet, call us, we can help. Our number is 1300 733 088 for advice (or just hit us up with a reply to this email).
OR, check out our social media marketing page, with case studies on how we helped RACQ, Pacific Fair and Tropical Pineapples, and an overview of how we do things. We’ve also written a detailed guide called ‘How to create a business Facebook page‘ which you might find interested. Bet you can’t guess what it’s about 🙂
What’s the next tip?
Next week we’ll tell you everything you need to know about tracking your visitors and working out website goals with Google Analytics!
Marilyn, Matt and the e-CBD team