Managing your own Business Page on Facebook is a great way to convey timely marketing messages and more importantly connect and engage with your customers and fan base.
The first step is to visit the following page: www.facebook.com/pages/create.php
Then you are greeted with some options for the type of page you wish to choose. For a Small business in one location you will want to choose “Local Business or Place”. For a larger business with multiple locations you will want to choose “Company, Organization, or Institution”.
There are other options which may apply to you but most businesses will fit into those two categories.
Customising your Facebook page
Now that you have created your page you will want to update your profile details, add a Cover Photo & profile image, and add some interactive content.
First you want to go to the ‘Edit Page’ section on the top right.
This will bring up many options and settings related to your page.
Fill in as much as you can in the Basic Information tab to make sure your page is informative.
Facebook will prompt you to add images, your founding date, milestones and they’ll even invite you on a virtual tour so you can learn about your available options straight away.
There are also many options for pre-made apps that you can add to your page, but if you have an idea for a new Facebook app you can ask us to develop the app for you!
Handy tips and things to investigate
- Never delete yourself as admin if there are no admins of the page. Always try and make sure there are multiple admins to stop your page getting lost forever. As an admin you can add other users and give them administrator access to help manage the page.
- For best results use a 180 x 180 pixel Profile Picture, and a 851 x 315 pixel image as your cover photo.
- Facebook has some very cost effective advertising options which can be accessed via your Edit Page section. If you want advice feel free to contact our SEO team about this great marketing opportunity.
- Make sure you post regularly but not too often with posts that will entice your visitors to want to comment and return to your page.
- From the business page you can invite people to “like” your business and even “share” the page so it appears on yours or other’s walls
- More information about Facebook Page Administration can be found at www.facebook.com/help/?page=904
- Make sure you read the Facebook Terms and Conditions before starting any events or competitions www.facebook.com/terms.php
Facebook Business Page Designs & Custom Apps
e-CBD can create custom apps for your business page that will increase engagement between you and your fans, as well as giving your page an interactive element. Whether you want to run a competition, offer a coupon or include your multiple locations on global map, we can help you. Contact our social media team today.
See example of some of our Custom Facebook Solutions
See example of some of our Facebook Cover Photos
The possibilities are endless! Contact e-CBD to discuss your Facebook project, call 1300 733 088.