In fact, many of these users are on mobile devices more so than computers or laptops (view source). The bottom line is that in the modern day, you need a website that gives a consistent and positive experience to users across all devices.
e-CBD can help you offer your website's visitors a superb mobile experience by creating a fully functional responsive website.
Give your customers the best online experience with our mobile-first approach
Here at e-CBD we strive to stay ahead of the game and have been developing websites using what we call a mobile-first approach for some time now.
The mobile-first approach means that when we are developing your website we focus first on creating the mobile experience. Once the mobile version of the website is slick we will then scale upwards to build the tablet layout and finally the dazzling desktop version of the website.
Google is going mobile-first
Mobile searches have surpassed desktop searches and Google is aware of this trend. As a result, the search engine is changing the way that it ranks websites in Google search results.
Instead of crawling websites using a desktop browser point-of-view, Google will now crawl the web from a mobile browser. This means if your mobile search rankings are placed lower than your desktop rankings, you could potentially lose visibility in search results (do you know the difference between your mobile and desktop rankings? We Can help). Some things that could be negatively affecting your mobile rankings include:
- Showing less information on your mobile site than your desktop
- Having a separate mobile site, for example, http://m.example.com, or http://www.example.com/mobile (there are exceptions to this rule though)
- Not having a mobile site at all
If you’re not sure whether your website is ready for the mobile-first index get in touch with us today.
Responsive web design: the best of both worlds
When you get an e-CBD responsive website, your customers are getting the optimum user experience regardless of what sized device they are using and you get the added bonus of receiving favourable search engine results because you are keeping Google happy.
You are getting the best of both worlds!
Why your local business needs a mobile friendly website
Here are some interesting statistics about mobile search usage from a recent article.
- Google mobile searches increased 400% in the last year.
- 81% of people access the internet through their mobile devices.
- Google favours mobile friendly websites in mobile search results, and has adjusted its algorithm to make mobile friendliness a ranking signal.
- 9 out of 10 searchers take action after searching on a mobile device.
- 1 in 3 mobile searches is "local" in it's motivation.
- After looking up a local business on a mobile device, 61% called and 59% visited.
- 36% of people take action immediately, 39% within a few hours and 14% within a day when searching on a mobile.
Stay in the game & get mobile friendly today
To remain competitive, it is becoming increasingly important to offer a seemless mobile experience for your website visitors.
Users visiting your site on their mobile device have less patience for a poor user experience than if they were on their desktop. Mobile users are generally on the move and need the answer to their question quickly and effortlessly. If they can't read text or navigate without excessive "pinch and zoom" they will give up on your site and find one that's easier to use. If any part of your site is in Flash then it's likely that over half of your visitors won't be able to view it.
Our mobile websites will increase your exposure to mobile audiences with an easy to manage and beautifully designed website unique to your needs and businesses branding.
Mobile responsive website features:
- Compatibility with all major mobile, tablet, e-reader & desktop platforms - iOS, Android, Blackberry, Palm WebOS, Nokia/Symbian, Windows Phone 7, MeeGo, Opera Mobile/Mini, Firefox Mobile, Kindle, Nook and all modern browsers.
- Supporting touch, mouse and cursor based user input methods.
- Responsive website design allowing the same underlying codebase to automatically scale from smartphone to desktop-sized screens, meaning your website will automatically stretch to fit any screen size!
- Integrated with our ModX Content Management System so you can edit the content yourself (a feature not offered by many mobile website companies).
Examples of Mobile Websites we've designed
If you would like more information about mobile websites, including turning your existing website into a responsive one, call us on 1300 733 088 or submit an enquiry today.