Client: Gold Coast Convention & Exhibition Centre
GCCEC wanted to update their existing website and step into 2013 with a fresh new approach to their digital activities. Read how we helped to achieve this.
The Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre first opened to the public in 2004, and is Australia's largest regional convention centre. Featuring a Main Arena, Exhibition Halls and Meeting Rooms, the GCCEC has been the venue of choice for thousands of major exhibitions, conferences, conventions, concerts and sporting events.
It's central Broadbeach location, beautiful architecture, commitment to sustainable event management and technologically enhanced facilities all contribute to GCCEC's iconic status as a major Gold Coast landmark.
What e-CBD did for the Gold Coast Convention & Exhibition Centre
When e-CBD was approached to design the new GCCEC website, we were delighted, excited and ready to start the planning phase! GCCEC wanted their new website to deliver content in a powerful way, that embodied functionality, simplicity and design - events are their business, and events needed to be the focus.
- The home page incorporated feature photo panels spanning the width of the screen with a transparent overlay header displaying the logo and top navigation.
- Below this are 3 equally prominent columns with the core features of the site, namely a dynamic news feed, event planner, fading testimonials and scrolling event system by date.
- Custom development allows News items and upcoming Events to automatically feed to the home page.
- Implemented a unique event planner with drop down system that links off to the respective pages.
- To facilitate their Email Marketing activities, we created a unique email newsletter template that the client can easily update to keep their database informed of upcoming events and news surrounding the Centre.
- e-CBD designed and developed a mobile-friendly version of the GCCEC website for mobile users.
- The site automatically detects which device the visitor is using, and adjusts the website's width to display beautifully on mobile or tablet.
|Client:||Gold Coast Convention & Exhibition Centre|
|Location:||Broadbeach, Gold Coast|
|Solutions:||Content Management System, Dynamic News & Events Feed, Event Planner|