As part of our commitment to providing small businesses with the tools and training for online success, e-CBD regularly conducts online marketing courses on a variety of digital marketing topics, from search engine optimisation to email marketing.
Our social media marketing courses for businesses generate a lot of interest, so we thought we'd put all the great info from the social media marketing learning and training sessions in one place. e-CBD will continue to present these events again in the near future - check back regularly to find out when our next workshop will be.
Can't wait for the next workshop? Need help with Social Media Marketing now?
Social Media as a marketing tool - past courses
- Workshop 1: How to Improve Business Profits with Social Media
- Workshop 2: Social Media Marketing Survival Guide
- Workshop 3: Facebook Advertising Beginners Masterclass
- Workshop 4a: Facebook & Twitter for Business
- Workshop 4b: Facebook Advertising
This workshop covered a range of social media strategy topics including the do's and don'ts of engaging customers via online communities, how to use professional networking sites like LinkedIn to profile your business, as well as how to use Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Blogs and more to generate more business.
One of our largest workshops to date, the Social Media Marketing survival guide will tell you how to use social media as a marketing tool that's integrated with your current marketing strategies.
September 2011 - Luke Garfield
This workshop covered everything you needed to know to start advertising on Facebook, from setting up an account, to creating landing pages and how to optimise your ad for highest return. The workshop also discussed the Facebook reporting system and how to analyse your results.
- Introduction to the marketing landscape
- Learn the 10 secrets of generating business from social media
- How to use Facebook / Twitter/ YouTube / Blogging and other social media to drive traffic to your website
- The do's and don'ts of engaging customers via online communities
- How to develop a social media strategy for your business
April 2012 - Jesse Palmer
This workshop delved into the world of Facebook and Twitter for business, including how to use these tools within your marketing strategy to increase engagement, and advice on enhancing your online profile through social media.
April 2012 - Luke Garfield
Guide to Facebook Advertising, with methods, tips and examples to how create great ads without wasting your advertising budget.
Top 10 Social Media Marketing Tips
- Set up a Google alert for your brand and engage the people who are talking about you, wherever they are talking.
- Set up alerts for your industry (especially if no one is talking about your brand).
- You don’t HAVE to have a Facebook page.
- Use Facebook advertising, it’s cheap.
- Keep an eye on what people near you are saying on Twitter.
- Spend some time each day reading about what other people are doing. There are 1 billion social media marketing blogs out there. Reading blogs is much easier than writing blogs.
- Create a community of interest around what you do. It takes time, but it’s worth it.
- Don’t start something you can’t finish or maintain properly or it’s a waste of time and you’re better of with Google Ads.
- Use LinkedIn as a networking tool. Join groups and ask questions.
- If you want people to talk about you, be creative (or pay someone who is).
Presenter: Luke Garfield
Luke has had 8 years of online marketing experience - first as a manager for a hardworking Australian rock act and now more recently in the more refined field of SEO and SEM. Luke has an all-round and creative approach to internet marketing. He is not only an expert at larger picture strategy but also isn't afraid to get his hands dirty in the technical working of a site. This gives him valuable insight into online marketing from all angles.