I’ve blogged about Facebook a little bit, but if you’re looking for a neat overview of the social networking platform from a marketing perspective check out this new e-Book from American analyst Matt Dickman.
It covers the following topics and it’s pretty easy to digest:
- What does the global population look like on Facebook?
- What is the age/gender breakdown of the Facebook population?
- How many members are over the age of 25/30/40?
- What options can I use to reach my audience?
- How much is it going to cost to reach them?
The last couple of topics are particularly relevant if you want to understand how the Facebook advertising system works. The first few go into detail about Australia as well – we’re one of the biggest Facebook users in the world.
If you’re keen to get a bit more involved and want to start creating Facebook applications (although it seems people are pretty much over them, myself included), check out this post by Jonathan which gives a run-down of the basics. Anyone considering Facebook should also read David Gillespie’s post: Facebook: Advertising Heaven or Hell?